Sunday 22 June 2014

Why is All Vaccinations Important for a Baby?


As all mom, Even I wanted to give the best for my son in each and every aspect of his life.  Also being a close relative to my son's first pediatrician, we were suggested by him to give vaccine for Pneumonia and Rota virus along with DTP when my son was 6 weeks old. Since my son had wonderful father and grandfather, without any second thought we took the doctor's words and gave him all the three vaccines(of course at equal intervals). We gave him his boosters also during his 10th week.

Being a very independent girl and possessive mom, I wanted to do each and everything for my son by myself. And also I wanted my husband to cherish each and every stage of our son. So I brought my son to my husband's place exactly on his 100th day.

After that we started to share our experiences in growing our kid to our friends who also have kids. We were shocked to know that most of them didn't give vaccine for pneumonia and Rota-virus. They said those vaccines are all optional and so they have decided to give the mandatory alone.


       
He was lucky that we found a perfect pediatrician in my husband's place also. We visited the doctor for his second boosters when he was 14 weeks old. Impressed by the way doctor examined our son; we decided to clear our doubts there. So we told him that we have a feel that we are giving The Optional Vaccines Unnecessarily. He thought for a while before answering us, maybe he was thinking for a perfect one liner to clear our doubts. He then replied

"People spending on prevention don’t need to spend much on treatment. People who don’t spend on prevention need to spend lots and lots on treatment along with the physical strain of the kid. The decision is yours"

          Yes!! That small description was enough for me and my husband to get convinced that what we have done is correct. From then on we strictly adhere to the dates of vaccination and also we will follow the post vaccination procedure strongly at any cost.

             Later we saw so many real illustrations for doctor's words. Let this 'Not putting optional Vaccines' be one side. There are also many parents who do not stick to the date of vaccination. There may be some reasons for the delay. But what if that is repeated all the time? Life is all about prioritizing. 

                       Let us all grow a healthy next generation
And for referring a vaccination chart click here
Those who have missed the vaccines, do cconsult with doctor who can help you by suggesting alternate chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment